For a few weeks I’ve been having meetings with advisors and colleagues. For those I’ve not been meeting, I’ve fallen behind in communicating what I’m working on.
Not a stealth startup, but there’s also a lot that’s yet to be determined. I’d prefer to be open, but there are some specifications that I’ll keep under wraps for a variety of reasons…. When building a stealth aircraft, at the least you can tell people that you are building an aircraft. Skunkworks doesn’t make sandwiches.
Company vision and culture will be in large part determined by cofounders. Here’s where there’s some definition:
- HAI means AAI (Artificial Artificial Intelligence) – humans intelligence built into a process that’s usable by computer intelligence
- Ethical prime directives. See Friendly AI
- a sustainable business model early on
- Company culture of sustainable innovation modeled after Google’s large revenue generating platform supporting R&D.
- large, very talented, diverse founding team. Diversity is a no-brainer. Large is about five people; I’d rather create value from equity by distributing to founders than funders.
- Boston still has untapped talent and potential. Even if developers can find jobs easily, what kind of job would an engineer want for the rest of their life?